Monday, January 6, 2014

“Don’t Touch Those White Walls! – No Painting Allowed”

Kenroy Color – "Profile" Lamp of the Month
By: Priya Patel

I just settled into my new place, a nice modern apartment located in a bustling area of the city – great restaurants and shopping are within walking distance, and my neighbor brought over cookies the day I moved in (yum!). Everything seemed perfects until I received my “welcome” letter from the apartment management office. Overall the message was nice; thanks and gratitude for selecting their community, rules and regulations about the pool, etc… - then, located in a bright red font were the words “painting of apartment walls is prohibited”. Bummer…every square inch of wall space was white – like “institutional white”.

With the walls off limits I needed to focus on my home décor accessories – after all nothing in the guidelines prohibited colorful lamps or candles. Starting in my master bedroom I began with a simple inspiration piece – a small orange candle. With my contrasting color in mind, I thumbed through a Kenroy Home catalog (one of the many benefits of working for a home décor company) until I found the perfect set of lamps. The Profile Lamp collection is presented in a tangerine glaze with a poppy floral shade – the perfect compliment to my orange inspiration piece.



Now that my lighting was in place – I added a few floral touches to my night stand to really accentuate the orange pop of color. The white headboard and bedding makes the color stand out in an even more dramatic fashion. The Profile floor model creates a nice contrasting barrier between my wall, and the start of the headboard.



 Just a simple pop-of-color can dramatically change the atmosphere of those “Don’t Touch!” apartment walls. Adding touches of orange are easy to incorporate into your home décor, so be bold and add a pair of tangerine lamps in your living or bedroom. 

The Profile Lamp collection can be found online (follow the links below) or at your local lighting retailer:


Amazon

Bellacor
Home Depot





No comments:

Post a Comment